-
June 26th, 2006, 04:42 AM
#1
Inactive Member
I am putting togeather a pair of Model 19's using the 416-8b's and the 802-8g's. I have been keeping my eye out for the model 19 xo but no luck yet but I have run across a pair of the JBL 3120's that also cross at 1200hz. will these work as well?
-
June 26th, 2006, 04:45 AM
#2
Inactive Member
It's the JBL N1200. I can't edit my own post??????
-
June 26th, 2006, 01:18 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Are they 8 ohm or 16 ohm? There is a pair in E-pay that are 16 ohm. These will not work with your drivers. Don't know what the other one's are. Other than that, if they are 8 ohm, I'd try 'em.
-
June 26th, 2006, 01:37 PM
#4
Senior Hostboard Member
Hi,
The JBL 3120 Specs 12DB sloped second order.
75watts (Low Fr 8 ohms) (Hi Fr 16 ohms) attenuation 0-3-6-db. XO 1200 HZ
.......................................
-
June 26th, 2006, 02:11 PM
#5
Inactive Member
The Model 19 crossover is somewhat unique in function. The JBL crossover will work in the sense that it will route the correct frequencies to the appropriate drivers but the result probably won't be characteristic of the Model 19 sound. Only you can decide if the results are pleasing and meet your expectations.
-
June 26th, 2006, 05:08 PM
#6
Inactive Member
The ones that I am looking at are the 8 ohms series. The only thing that keeps me from jumping right on them is that they have no HF and LF adjustment like the model 19 xo's. Although I am not sure if that should keep me away from them.
-
June 26th, 2006, 05:35 PM
#7
Senior Hostboard Member
The JBL XO has a HF attenuator only.
Like I said previously mismatching the impedance will have an affect on the XO point.
If some one else can comment on this one.
..........................................
-
June 26th, 2006, 05:44 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Originally posted by quindecima:
The only thing that keeps me from jumping right on them is that they have no HF and LF adjustment like the model 19 xo's. Although I am not sure if that should keep me away from them.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Model 19 crossover has high-frequency and mid-frequency controls. No low frequency. The mid-frequency shelving control is what makes the crossover kind of unique. Jeff Markwart has posted the schematic on his web site here:
Link to Model 19 crossover schematic
-
June 26th, 2006, 06:07 PM
#9
Inactive Member
Upon further checking I see that the HF impedence on the JBL units is 12 to 16 ohms. That kind of puts me off of them.
-
June 26th, 2006, 06:14 PM
#10
Senior Hostboard Member
You could always put an 8 ohm resistance in series
before your HF driver this brings it up to 16 ohms.
...................................
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks